Recipe by -JL-
Using store bought Epsom and Rock salts, peppermint oil & red food coloring, make lovely gifts for relaxing in the bath. These salts are known for their abilities to ease aches & pains when dissolved in the warm water bath.
Top Review by karla1
I don't personally use these as I dislike bathing in the tub..I'm a shower girl myself, but I did make these, put them into 2 oz glass jars with cork tops from the dollar store, tied red and white ribbon around the rim and gave them as gifts to friends. One friend wanted me to make more so she could take them to work and sell them as everyone there loved hers...She sold them for $5.00 each! I sold a couple of dozon. Thanks!
- 4 cups epsom salts
- 1 cup rock salt or 1 cup sea salt
- 6 drops peppermint oil (not extract)
- 6 drops red food coloring
- peppermint candies or candy cane, for decoration
Directions See How It's Made
- In one large sized bowl, stir together both salts, and peppermint oil.
- Mix until distributed evenly.
- Pour half of mixture into separate bowl and add red food coloring and stir well.
- Layer each color into your 2 Glass Jars with lids (20 oz size) with alternating layers of each color, making it look like a striped peppermint candy.
- Put lid on and decorate jar with peppermint candies or candycanes glued on.