Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Using store bought Epsom and Rock salts, peppermint oil & red food coloring, make lovely gifts for relaxing in the bath. These salts are known for their abilities to ease aches & pains when dissolved in the warm water bath.
- In one large sized bowl, stir together both salts, and peppermint oil.
- Mix until distributed evenly.
- Pour half of mixture into separate bowl and add red food coloring and stir well.
- Layer each color into your 2 Glass Jars with lids (20 oz size) with alternating layers of each color, making it look like a striped peppermint candy.
- Put lid on and decorate jar with peppermint candies or candycanes glued on.
I don't personally use these as I dislike bathing in the tub..I'm a shower girl myself, but I did make these, put them into 2 oz glass jars with cork tops from the dollar store, tied red and white ribbon around the rim and gave them as gifts to friends. One friend wanted me to make more so she could take them to work and sell them as everyone there loved hers...She sold them for $5.00 each! I sold a couple of dozon. Thanks!
This is a fantastic idea! I made these up as part of a gift bag for my daughter's teacher. I put it in a glass "restaurant style" sugar dispenser instead of a jar, so she can just pour it out easily into her bath. The smell is terrific and it looks so pretty! I added a little more food colouring than specifies as it looked sort of pink instead of red, but otherwise followed the directions exactly. I ended up with lots of pretty little jars to give away as gifts, and one big one to keep for myself! Thanks for sharing a fun, easy recipe!
Haven't made this yet but excited about making them for Xmas gifts....a great but inexpensive gift. Two questions however....where do you find rock or sea salt and peppermint oil? I have never used either. Thanks for the great idea :) Prissy