These jade green gems beautifully garnish roast lamb. The color and flavor could easily be changed using red food coloring and cinnamon extract to garnish other dishes. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of Midwestern Recipes, The United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil sugar and water together for five minutes.
- 2Add a few drops of food coloring and the mint flavoring.
- 3Place apples in pan with syrup and cover tightly.
- 4Simmer slowly until apples are slightly tender (but still holding their shape).
- 5Serve as a garnish to roast lamb.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mint Apples
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.2
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 36.0 g
- Protein 0.2 g