Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great accompaniment for fish or some curries.
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped (spearmint is best)
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, stem removed and minced
- 3 teaspoons tamarind paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Put all ingredients into blender. Puree, stopping to scrape down sides with a spatula.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve.