Recipe by JoJoStar
Sweet Southern-style green tea with lime juice and mint. By Aida Mollenkamp. Cooking time is chill time.
Top Review by Elmotoo
Hmmmm.... This is too sweet without the lime juice but I'm not sure I LOVE it with the lime juice. Regardless, it's very easy, very tasty & very refreshing. Made for Summer Comfort Cafe 7/09. :)
For the tea
- 8 cups water
- 8 green tea bags
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 6 fresh mint sprigs
- 1 medium lime, cut into sixths
Directions See How It's Made
- For the tea:.
- Place water in a medium pot and bring to a simmer over high heat.
- When water simmers, remove from heat, add tea bags and mint, cover and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Once tea has steeped, discard tea bags, add sugar, and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Let tea cool to room temperature, then place in the refrigerator to cool completely, about 2 hours.
- To serve:.
- Once tea is cold, remove mint and stir in lime juice.
- Taste and adjust with more lime juice or sugar as desired.
- Serve over ice with a sprig of mint and a wedge of lime.