Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Sweet Southern-style green tea with lime juice and mint. By Aida Mollenkamp. Cooking time is chill time.
- For the tea:.
- Place water in a medium pot and bring to a simmer over high heat.
- When water simmers, remove from heat, add tea bags and mint, cover and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Once tea has steeped, discard tea bags, add sugar, and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Let tea cool to room temperature, then place in the refrigerator to cool completely, about 2 hours.
- To serve:.
- Once tea is cold, remove mint and stir in lime juice.
- Taste and adjust with more lime juice or sugar as desired.
- Serve over ice with a sprig of mint and a wedge of lime.
Hmmmm.... This is too sweet without the lime juice but I'm not sure I LOVE it with the lime juice. Regardless, it's very easy, very tasty & very refreshing. Made for Summer Comfort Cafe 7/09. :)