Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a wonderful savory pesto that tastes similar to the traditional basil pine-nut pesto, but with a twist. Easy to make, and tastes good on pasta or on vegetarian patties. Or straight out of the bowl on a spoon ;) Our 16 year old, Kevin, came up with the idea.
- 118.29 ml mint leaf
- 2 garlic cloves
- 59.14 ml almonds
- 158.51 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2.46 ml lemon juice
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Assemble all of your ingredients before hand, Then when the materials are ready, first add the mint leaves into the food processor, then add the garlic cloves. On top of that add the almonds, then the cheese, then the olive oil, salt/pepper and lemon juice in that order. Pulse twice every second for about a minute and if not chopped up finely enough repeat.
- Note: the pulsing action is done instead of holding it because if one were to hold the botton, then bits of cheese and almond would accumulate under the blades and not get mixed in with the other ingredients. Pulsing quickly shakes the material off.
- Please tell me how this receipe works for you when you try it.