Recipe by mountain_minnie
I found this recipe in an old church cookbook and changed it around a bit. This is a good recipe to add your own twist to because you don't need to use exact measurements!! There is *never* leftovers in my house when I make this!
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard (I prefer Nance's honey dijon)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 medium onion, minced
- 3⁄4 cup herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 3 tablespoons prepared pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together all sauce ingredients.
- Simmer until brown sugar dissolves.
- Combine meat loaf ingredients and pat into square baking dish.
- Pour 1/4 cup sauce over top of meat loaf.
- Cook, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Heat the remaining sauce and serve with meat loaf.
- Serve meat loaf with egg noodles and a spinach and veggie salad.