Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Weekend Magazine, July/August 2006. Now you can enjoy this dish in summer!
Make and share this Minnie's Stroney Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces fingerling potatoes or 12 ounces small red potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, cut the same length as the pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut the same length as the pasta
- 1 lb gemelli pasta, cooked and rinsed
- 1 cup homemade pesto sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, roasted, seeded and membrane removed
- 10 -12 golden grape tomatoes, cut in half
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh Italian parsley, for garnish
- Bring potatoes and water to the boil in a large pot and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and set on a baking sheet to cool. Once cooled, slice into 1/2" coins.
- Add more water to the pot and cook the gemelli pasta "al dente" according to package directions. Drain and rinse well with cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside to drain well.
- In the same pot bring water and 1 teaspoon salt to the boil. Add the green beans and aspargus and cook until bright green, approximately 1-2 minutes, but no longer. Drain immediately, rinse with cold water and place in a bowl of ice water until completely cold.
- Drain again and pat dry, removing the excess water.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the potatoes, pasta, pesto, green beans, asparagus, kidney beans (or cannellini), roasted red pepper, grape tomatoes, salt and black pepper.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh Italian parsley before serving.