Recipe by Ambervim
I saw the movie, The Help, this weekend and it was excellent. Then the sermon on Sunday included a reference to it. I wanted to have the recipe for Minnie's pie - NOT the one she made ONLY for Hilly!!!!!. Maybe someone else wants it, so here it is.
Top Review by Sthack
Excellent recipe! I modified a little by adding 1/4 t. salt and using 4 T. of cocoa powder. I also baked a bit longer (approx 1 hour, 15 minutes) until it was not jiggly in the center. This recipe is a keeper!
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 ounces Pet milk (evaporated)
- 2 eggs
- 1 pie crust, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix everything together in one big bowl.
- You don’t have to bake the crust first, prick the bottom of it.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. Let the pie set for a long while once it comes out of the oven. I think this definitely tastes better room temperature.
- If you’d like, serve with a big scoop of ice-cream, some fruit, a little whipped cream, or straight out of the pie plate!