Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I saw the movie, The Help, this weekend and it was excellent. Then the sermon on Sunday included a reference to it. I wanted to have the recipe for Minnie's pie - NOT the one she made ONLY for Hilly!!!!!. Maybe someone else wants it, so here it is.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 ounces Pet milk (evaporated)
- 2 eggs
- 1 pie crust, uncooked
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix everything together in one big bowl.
- You don’t have to bake the crust first, prick the bottom of it.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. Let the pie set for a long while once it comes out of the oven. I think this definitely tastes better room temperature.
- If you’d like, serve with a big scoop of ice-cream, some fruit, a little whipped cream, or straight out of the pie plate!
Excellent recipe! I modified a little by adding 1/4 t. salt and using 4 T. of cocoa powder. I also baked a bit longer (approx 1 hour, 15 minutes) until it was not jiggly in the center. This recipe is a keeper!
I too tweaked this recipe. I used 1cup sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1 cup evaporated milk. Baked 345 for at least an hour,( I don't like a jiggly center) so I baked a bit longer. :) delicious! I've made two in the last three days! Yummo!
Never had Chocolate Pie before, just looked so darn good on "The Help"... made one for my wife as a 'treat' - It was so easy, turned out great! Foolproof, and delicious. No "SPECIAL" ingredients.... BUT, the inlaws just may be visitin' soon y'all! :D