Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the movie the help, here is Minnies chocolate pie.
- 13 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lb silken tofu, drained
- 1 tablespoon honey
chocolate wafer pie crust
- 6 1⁄2 ounces chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 ounces unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- Prepare chocolate wafer pie crust: combine ingredients and press into 9" pie plate.
- Place enough water in the bottom of a 4-quart saucepan to come 1 inch up the sides. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Melt the chocolate chips with the liqueur and vanilla in a medium metal bowl set over the simmering water, stirring often with a rubber or silicone spatula. Combine the tofu, chocolate mixture and honey in a blender or food processor and spin until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.ours, or until the filling sets firm.Spin the cookies and sugar in a food processor until fine crumbs. Then drizzle in the butter, pulsing to combine. Press this mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom, up the sides and just over the lip of a 9-inch metal pie pan.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven until crust is set and appears dry, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely, about 1 hour.