These scrumptious muffins were attributed to country music's grand lady in the cookbook, Calling All Cooks 4. Originally contributed by Phoebe Arthur of Gadsden, AL to the fourth edition of Alabama's Telephone Pioneers of America cookbooks.
My Private Note
dozen m ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 1 cup cereal and boiling water in a medium bowl.
- 2Let stand until cool.
- 3Add oil and mix well.
- 4Sift flour, baking soda, salt and sugar together into a large mixing bowl.
- 5Beat eggs and buttermilk together.
- 6Mix the egg mixture into the flour mixture.
- 7Stir in the remaining 2 cups cereal.
- 8Add the moist cereal mixture and mix well.
- 9Note:I added 6 oz.
- 10Craisins to the batter, at this point, for extra taste and nutrition.
- 11Spoon batter into greased muffin cups, about 2/3 full.
- 12Bake at 400° for 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- 13Store extra batter in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minnie Pearl's Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1751 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2036.5
- Calories from Fat 608
- Total Fat 67.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 221.3 mg
- Sodium 3286.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 348.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 30.5 g
- Sugars 176.5 g
- Protein 42.3 g