Recipe by bshemyshua
I don't even remember where I got this recipe, I've had it so long. Very easy and quick to make, no need to roll out a pie crust. Good beginners pie for children or any one who does not want a lot of work in order to have pie.
Top Review by Michelle Berteig
We really enjoyed this a lot and I will definitely make it again. It is extremely simple and fast to assemble. The results are like a cross between a pie and a cobbler. I used frozen blackberries and it worked fine. Note that when I took it out from the oven, there was a small pool of melted butter on the top, which I spooned off. When I make this again, I will use less butter. This is a keeper!
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 -3 cups lightly sweetened, sliced, fresh fruit or 2 -3 cups canned drained fruit
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sift together, the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add milk and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Melt butter in an 8 or 9 inch pie pan in preheated oven.Then remove.
- Pour batter in pie pan, but do not mix.
- Top with sweetened fruit and sprinkle remaining sugar over the top.
- Bake in the center of oven for 10 minutes, then lower oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake an additional 45-50 minutes until pie bubbles and crust is brown.
- Serve with cream, ice cream or plain.