Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
thank you all, especially Stormylee for helping me find this recipe. Robin Joy posted it on All Recipes and Stormylee found it for me.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heavy sauce pan over medium heat, melt chocolate, condensed milk and salt.
- Cook and stir until chocolate melts and mixture is thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in water.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Makes enough frosting to frost a 2 layer cake.
- Also good on cupcakes.
We are generally not frosting fans, but birthday cakes require some and since I had all the ingredients on hand, I decided to try this one. We were all very impressed! It was easy to make, easy to spread, and tasted great. With the sweetened condensed milk being the only source of sugar, it was not too sweet like a lot of frostings are. Thanks for posting this. It will be my standard frosting recipe from now on.