Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tasty, Quick, Easy. I was leery of trying it, but my picky eaters have exhausted my creativity. They really like it! Prep time was boning the chicken and slicing the onion (we used a Spanish Sweet, but what I wouldn't give for some Walla Walla Sweets!). It would go great with sourdough bread, but I think next time we might try it burrito style.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chili peppers, chopped (or small fresh green chile)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (19 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions, chopped (Optional Garnish)
- 3 cups monterey jack cheese (Topping, to taste)
- Remove chicken from the bones and cube it.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, a add garlic and saute a little bit more.
- Stir in chicken, broth, chili peppers, cumin, oregano, cilantro and red pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans and simmer for 10 minutes;
- Top with green onion, if sdesired, and lots of cheese.