Tasty, Quick, Easy. I was leery of trying it, but my picky eaters have exhausted my creativity. They really like it! Prep time was boning the chicken and slicing the onion (we used a Spanish Sweet, but what I wouldn't give for some Walla Walla Sweets!). It would go great with sourdough bread, but I think next time we might try it burrito style.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chili peppers, chopped (or small fresh green chile)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (19 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions, chopped (Optional Garnish)
- 3 cups monterey jack cheese (Topping, to taste)
- 1Remove chicken from the bones and cube it.
- 2Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, a add garlic and saute a little bit more.
- 3Stir in chicken, broth, chili peppers, cumin, oregano, cilantro and red pepper.
- 4Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5Stir in beans and simmer for 10 minutes;
- 6Top with green onion, if sdesired, and lots of cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minnetta's White Chicken Chile
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 758.7
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 137.9 mg
- Sodium 588.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 61.1 g