Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Official State Muffin of Minnesota, showing off our precious crop of delicious blueberries!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh minnesota blueberries
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream butter and 1-1/4 cups sugar until light. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add dry mixture to the creamed mixture, alternately with the milk. Crush 1/2 cup blueberries with a fork and mix into batter. Fold in remaining whole berries and add oragne peel.
- Fill large muffin cups (use paper liners or grease cups). Sprinkle tops with 3 teaspoons of sugar. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes before removing.