Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar on February 13, 2005.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, Chopped (1 Large)
- 1 clove garlic, Minced
- 1 (28 ) can tomatoes
- 1 (15 ) can kidney beans
- 1 (12 ) can whole kernel corn
- 1 cup celery, Sliced, 2 Stalks
- 2 cups cabbage, Shredded,Abt 1/2 Hd
- 2 cups zucchini, Sliced, 2 Sm
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, Uncooked, OR
- 1 cup spaghetti, Broken, Uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup red wine or 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon, Instant
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- parmesan cheese, Grated
- Cook and stir the meat onion, and garlic in a Dutch oven until the meat is brown.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Stir in the undrained tomatoes, undrained kidney beans, the undrained corn, and remaining ingredients except the cheese, breaking up the tomatoes as you do.
- Heat to boiling then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the macaroni and vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with the Parmesan cheese.
This soup was easy to make and so tasty!! Loved it and will make again soon.
Easy and tasted really good. I doubled the garlic, but otherwise made as directed. There was so little broth you can barely call this soup, so I'd add a couple of cups of veggie broth next time. Thanks.