Recipe by out of here
This is a very hearty soup. This is a very hearty soup. I really like this one! I love soup and good bread.
Top Review by SilverOpera
DELICIOUS! I added a dash of cayenne for some heat, but otherwise followed the recipe. I used homemade stock, and this soup was really wonderful. Thank you so much! I'll make it often.
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄3 cup wild rice
- 1⁄3 cup sliced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- Mix broth, carrots, celery, uncooked rice, onions, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour, until the rice is tender.
- Melt butter, stir in the flour, then the half-half.
- Cook and stir 1 minute. Slowly add half-half mixture to the rice mixture, stirring constantly. Stir in the chicken and heat through.