1/1 Photo of Minnesota Cheddar Ale Soup
When you grow up less than 30 minutes from Wisconsin, of course you are going to love a good beer & cheese soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced leek
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 lunds & byerly's bay leaf
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle pale ale
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spanish smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb baby cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup coarsely crushed pretzel
- 1In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 2Add leeks, carrots, garlic, and bay leaf. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften (10-12 minutes). Reduce heat to low and sprinkle flour over vegetables, cook, stirring, 1-2 minutes.
- 3Add milk, pale ale and cream, stirring to combine for 5-6 minutes.
- 4Stir in Worcestershire, paprika, salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a simmer over low heat. Cook 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 5Add cheese one handful at a time, stirring until melted before adding additional cheese (do not boil).
- 6Discard bay leave.
- 7Spoon into bowls and garnish with crushed pretzels.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minnesota Cheddar Ale Soup
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 880.2
- Calories from Fat 582
- Total Fat 64.7 g
- Saturated Fat 40.1 g
- Cholesterol 212.6 mg
- Sodium 1528.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 27.1 g