1/1 Photo of Minnesota Bars
For chocolate-peanut butter lovers! This recipe is a family tradition. Our family couldn't wait to get Minnesota bars mailed to us from Grandma every Christmas. My sister and I would also make them with our grandmother when we would visit. I don't know where the name came from--my dad spent some of his childhood in Minnesota.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix oil, brown sugar, and corn syrup.
- 2Add oatmeal and mix together. Press into 13x9-inch pan.
- 3Bake at 375°F for 12-15 minutes. Watch carefully--should be soft and light brown, a little harder on the edges (it gets stiffer as it cools).
- 4After cooling crust: Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter. Mix together well.
- 5Spread on top of cooled crust. Cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Minnesota Bars
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.8
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 57.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 30.0 g
- Protein 6.8 g