Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a church cookbook from the 1970s and have been using it for several years. My family loves these bars.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- Cream brown sugar and shortening.
- Add oats, flour, baking soda, salt and chopped nuts.
- Mix well.
- Press 2/3 of mixture into greased 9x13 pan.
- Save remaining 1/3 for the topping.
- In a medium saucepan, mix cornstarch and pineapple juice.
- Add rhubarb, crushed pineapple and sugar.
- Cook until thick, stirring frequently.
- Pour over crust.
- Top with remaining crumb topping.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.