Recipe by mini_1
This is a great side dish. I usually make this size batch for my small family of 2, yet my 14 year old always manages to finish the entire batch before I have a chance to save the leftovers.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, cleaned and snapped. (or two packs pre-cut works too!)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Beef and Onion Soup mix
- pepper, I use tons
- garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In 5 QT stock pot, Sautee bacon.
- When bacon begins to brown add onion and cook till onion becomes translucent.
- Add green beans and cover in the bacon grease.
- Add water to cover.
- On Med high heat, add soup mix, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Cook for at least 30 minutes. Even if you over cook, they will be great!