This is a great side dish. I usually make this size batch for my small family of 2, yet my 14 year old always manages to finish the entire batch before I have a chance to save the leftovers.
- In 5 QT stock pot, Sautee bacon.
- When bacon begins to brown add onion and cook till onion becomes translucent.
- Add green beans and cover in the bacon grease.
- Add water to cover.
- On Med high heat, add soup mix, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Cook for at least 30 minutes. Even if you over cook, they will be great!
I love finding a new way to make green beans and I found one we all love. Thanks to PAC Spring 09 I chose to try this recipe and so glad I did.
Tastes good and is a snap to make. Initial preparation is quick and easy, leaving the 30 minute cooking time to do other things. Better yet, that half hour is very flexible and forgiving should you run beyond. My kind of recipe--thanks, Mini!
We love green beans and are always looking for new and different ways to prepare them. I have made green beans with bacon and onion before but never thought of adding the onion soup mix to it. We loved it this way. Thanks for sharing, Mini_1.