Recipe by mini_1
I tried a few recipe's to make this and combined the flavors I liked from all of them and found this really easy and yummy recipe. An electric can opener is handy with this recipe.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) cooked broiler-fryer chickens, shredded (I like to buy the ones already cooked at the grocery store.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced jalapenos (or less if you don't want this too spicy!)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- cumin, I like to use about 3-4 TBSP
- 2 -3 teaspoons southwest seasoning (Pampered Chef is the best!)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil till tender but not browned.
- Add everything else and cook for 20-30 minutes or longer.
- Sometimes I need to thicken the sauce with equal parts corn starch & water when necessary.
- Serve with corn chips, flour tortilla's, over rice, avocado, salsa, fresh tomatoes or cheese. Whatever you prefer and have time for!