Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are deilcious and soo easy! A great appetizer for dinner parties or just a snack.I use reduced fat crescent rolls.
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees.
- Unroll crescent dough into 4 rectangles.
- Take a rectangle and sprinkle it with 1 teaspoon cheese.
- Cover the rectangle with chopped spinach.
- Sprinkle spinach-covered rectangle with another teaspoon of cheese.
- Starting with a shorter end, roll rectangle up tightly, pinch closed.
- Cut into 6 slices.
- Repeat with 3 other dough rectangles.
- Place on greased cookie sheet, brush with egg white and bake at 375 degrees until golden brown, about 10 minutes, checking every few minutes to make sure they don't burn.
So I did basically the same recipe just with a few changes. Regular biscuits, flattened. Sprinkled mozzarella cheese. Sauteed minced garlic until golden brown, then added in the fresh chopped spinach. Cooked the spinach down, set to the side to cool a little bit. Add spinach to cheese on flattened biscuits, sprinkle with more cheese if you want. Fold over and pinch sides together to get a half circle or any shape really, but pinch opposing dough sides together. Then follow the rest of the recipe the same. I used olive oil instead of egg whites. And baked it to the biscuit directions on the can.
thought this needed something
I used one box of frozen chopped spinach and subbed feta for the parmesian. We all thought they were really flavorless. I probably should have tried it as written first, so maybe I'll give it another try as written.