Recipe by glitter
Delicious and dainty for those posh occasions!
Top Review by *Pixie*
These are completely delicious little morsels! Great for OAMC too! I used Recipe #188419 for the pastry and did not prebake because I find that tends to make the pastry too hard. I think my oven must run hot at the higher temperatures because these were starting to burn after 10 minutes so I dropped the temperature to 350F at that point. Since I was baking these for OAMC, I baked them at 350F for another 5 minutes. They were very puffed up at this point, but dropped to normal as they cooled. When they were cool, I wrapped them in saran wrap and froze. Reheating Instructions: Place frozen mini quiches on a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 12-13 minutes (I used the top shelf of the oven if it makes any different). These reheated extremely well, I would definitely make these in bulk to have as a quick appetizer!
- 311.84 g package pie crust mix (or if I have the time I like to use my own)
- 4 slice bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped thinly and small
- 59.14 ml swiss cheese, shredded
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 118.29 ml light cream or 118.29 ml milk, heated
- 1.23 ml pepper, freshly ground
- 1.23 ml nutmeg, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the crust per directions.
- Then roll our the dough and cut the dough into rounds to fit the miniature muffin tins.
- Prick the bottoms lightly with a fork.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cook bacon until crisp, but not burnt.
- Drain and crumble into tiny pieces.
- Cook the onion in the bacon fat until soft.
- Divide all the onion and the bacon equally into the cups.
- Sprinkle each cup equally with the Swiss Cheese.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl; blend.
- Pour over the cup mixtures.
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 15 minute.
- Reduce the heat to 350°F and bake for 5-7 minutes longer.
- Serve these hot.
- They are delicious!
- •I have also added bits of mushrooms, since we have a wonderful mushroom farm here.
- So good!