Delicious and dainty for those posh occasions!
Make and share this Miniature Quiche Lorraine recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (11 ounce) package pie crust mix (or if I have the time I like to use my own)
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped thinly and small
- 1⁄4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup light cream or 1⁄2 cup milk, heated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- Prepare the crust per directions.
- Then roll our the dough and cut the dough into rounds to fit the miniature muffin tins.
- Prick the bottoms lightly with a fork.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cook bacon until crisp, but not burnt.
- Drain and crumble into tiny pieces.
- Cook the onion in the bacon fat until soft.
- Divide all the onion and the bacon equally into the cups.
- Sprinkle each cup equally with the Swiss Cheese.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl; blend.
- Pour over the cup mixtures.
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 15 minute.
- Reduce the heat to 350°F and bake for 5-7 minutes longer.
- Serve these hot.
- They are delicious!
- •I have also added bits of mushrooms, since we have a wonderful mushroom farm here.
- So good!