Recipe by Whisper
Another fun recipe to do with children. They get to make the "crust" and put in the fillings of their choice. These can be used as a whole meal for the kids, or as an appetizer for adults. These are just suggestions for fillings. Use your imagination and create your own. Have fun!
- 1 (8 ounce) packagebutterflake roll bread dough
- shrimp or bacon or ham or mushroom, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 teaspoon brandy (omit if making with the kids) or 1 teaspoon sherry wine (omit if making with the kids)
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease small muffin tins.
- Separate rolls into "petals" and press one into each muffin cup.
- On dough in pans, place small pieces of cut up shrimp, crumbled crisp bacon, small pieces of boiled ham or chopped mushrooms.
- Combine egg, salt, cream and brandy.
- Add about 1 Tbsp liquid to each quiche, filling half way.
- Top with grated Swiss cheese.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes.
- When cooled, they may be wrapped in foil and frozen.
- To reheat, bake, wrapped in foil, at 375F for about 12-15 minutes.