Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another fun recipe to do with children. They get to make the "crust" and put in the fillings of their choice. These can be used as a whole meal for the kids, or as an appetizer for adults. These are just suggestions for fillings. Use your imagination and create your own. Have fun!
- 1 (8 ounce) packagebutterflake roll bread dough
- shrimp or bacon or ham or mushroom, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 teaspoon brandy (omit if making with the kids) or 1 teaspoon sherry wine (omit if making with the kids)
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- Grease small muffin tins.
- Separate rolls into "petals" and press one into each muffin cup.
- On dough in pans, place small pieces of cut up shrimp, crumbled crisp bacon, small pieces of boiled ham or chopped mushrooms.
- Combine egg, salt, cream and brandy.
- Add about 1 Tbsp liquid to each quiche, filling half way.
- Top with grated Swiss cheese.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes.
- When cooled, they may be wrapped in foil and frozen.
- To reheat, bake, wrapped in foil, at 375F for about 12-15 minutes.