Recipe by Julie B's Hive
Another Tapas recipe. The brochettes(kabobs)are marinated overnight so do this ahead of time so they are ready when you are. Posted for ZWT3
Top Review by Stardustannie
I made this for the freezer challenge of ZWT3. I placed all the marinade ingredients and the cubed pork (I used pork fillet) pieces in a zip lock bag and froze. On the day they were required I defosted in the fridge during the day, when returning home from work all there was to be done was thread onto skewers and grill. These were a 5*++++ recipe, my favourite so far during the tour.
- 453.59 g lean boneless pork
- 44.37 ml Spanish olive oil, plus extra for oiling
- 1 large lemon, juice and rind of, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, plus extra (to garnish)
- 14.79 ml Ras El Hanout Spice Blend (Ras-El-Hanout (Moroccan Spice Blend))
- salt and pepper
- 12 skewers
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the pork into pieces about 3/4 in square and put pieces in a large dish that will hold them in a single layer.
- Prepare the marinade by placing all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mixing them together. Pour over the pork and toss the meat until well coated. Cover and place in the refrigerator no less than 8 hours. Stir meat 2-3 times during that time.
- Soak wooden skewers about 20 minutes in cold water before using. If using metal skewers, grease them.
- Preheat broiler or grill pan. Thread 3 marinated pork pieces, leaving a little space between each piece, onto each prepared skewer. Cook the brochettes for 10-15 minutes or until tender and lightly charred, turning several times and basting with the remaining marinade during cooking. Serve garnished with parsley.