Prep 12 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another Tapas recipe. The brochettes(kabobs)are marinated overnight so do this ahead of time so they are ready when you are. Posted for ZWT3
- 1 lb lean boneless pork
- 3 tablespoons Spanish olive oil, plus extra for oiling
- 1 large lemon, juice and rind of, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, plus extra (to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon Ras El Hanout Spice Blend (Ras-El-Hanout (Moroccan Spice Blend))
- salt and pepper
- 12 skewers
- Cut the pork into pieces about 3/4 in square and put pieces in a large dish that will hold them in a single layer.
- Prepare the marinade by placing all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mixing them together. Pour over the pork and toss the meat until well coated. Cover and place in the refrigerator no less than 8 hours. Stir meat 2-3 times during that time.
- Soak wooden skewers about 20 minutes in cold water before using. If using metal skewers, grease them.
- Preheat broiler or grill pan. Thread 3 marinated pork pieces, leaving a little space between each piece, onto each prepared skewer. Cook the brochettes for 10-15 minutes or until tender and lightly charred, turning several times and basting with the remaining marinade during cooking. Serve garnished with parsley.
I made this for the freezer challenge of ZWT3. I placed all the marinade ingredients and the cubed pork (I used pork fillet) pieces in a zip lock bag and froze. On the day they were required I defosted in the fridge during the day, when returning home from work all there was to be done was thread onto skewers and grill. These were a 5*++++ recipe, my favourite so far during the tour.