Recipe by Ms B.
These are tiny pies that really make a nice presentation on a buffet table. The recipe is for a regular muffin tin. However, I have used a mini muffin tin...in this instance, you need to watch the baking time, as the smaller pies may cook a little more quickly.
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease muffin tins and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl blend softened cream cheese and 1/2 cup butter or margarine until thoroughly combined.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Place in refrigerator to chill.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine brown sugar and 1 tablespoon butter or margarine.
- Add egg and vanilla, and blend well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Roll crust into 18 equal balls and press one into each greased muffin tin so it lines the bottom and sides, like a pie crust.
- Pour in filling, distributing evenly between all cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.