Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
These are very good.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 2 inch unbaked tart shells
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Break eggs into a medium bowl, remove 1 tablespoon egg white, and set aside.
- Beat remaining eggs with a fork until well-combined.
- Gradually add hot mixture to beaten eggs, stirring constantly.
- Stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Beat reserved egg whites until foamy, lightly brush on inside of each tart shell.
- Spoon filling into tart shells, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes; reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake 12 minutes or until filling is set.