Recipe by JenSmith
These tiny pecan pies are made using a food processor. They are really cute to serve for a party or on a platter of holiday goodies. Source: Southern Living, January 1986. Chill time not reflected.
Cream Cheese Pastry Shells
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, chilled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, chilled and cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Pastry Shells: Position knife blace in food processor bowl; add cream cheese and butter. top with cover, and pulse 3-4 times or until combined. add flour; process until dough forms a ball, leaving sides of bowl. Chill dough 2 hours.
- Shape the dough into 24 balls; place each ball into greased 1 3/4-inch muffin tins, and shape into a shell. Set aside until ready to fill.
- For the Pecan Filling: Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add pecans. Top with cover, and pulse 4 times or until pecans are evenly chopped. Remove pecans; set aside.
- Position knife blade in processor bowl; add egg, sugar, butter, vanill, and salt. Top with cover, and process until smooth.
- Fill each pastry shell 3/4 full iwth mixture. Sprinkle on pecans.
- Bake at 325 F for 25--30 minutes. Remove immediately, and cool on rack.