Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
We've included these on our holiday trays for years. We generaly use chopped pecans but have also used a whole pecan for each cup, the choice is yours.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 cups flour
- 6 eggs
- 4 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Crust: Mix the butter and cream cheese together.
- Add the flour, slowly working well with fingers.
- Form into ball.
- Dough should be refrigerated in order to work better.
- Form into small balls (size of walnuts).
- Put into miniature muffin pans, pressing to shape of the shell.
- Set aside.
- Filling: Using a mixer, beat the eggs slightly and add brown sugar, salt, vanilla and butter.
- Mix well.
- Spoon filling into cups until full.
- Add chopped pecans .
- Bake in a 350 oven for 15 minutes, then at 250 for 10 minutes.