Recipe by Suzanne S.
I made these tonight to go with our breakfast dinner and they were fantastic! From Quick Cooking magazine "Orange peel and orange juice flavor these fun streusel-topped muffins that are perfect for a buffet table. The accompanying orange marmalade butter really makes them special. — Bonita Kinney, Firth, Nebraska"
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 9 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons grated orange peel, divided
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, 8 tablespoons butter, orange juice concentrate and 2 teaspoons orange peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups half full. Combine the brown sugar, pecans and remaining flour, butter and orange peel; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the orange butter ingredients until blended. Serve with muffins.