Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice little hot appetizer for that not-so-formal party!
- 6 slices bread (soft and crust removed)
- 6 slices ham (thin)
- 6 slices turkey (thin)
- 6 slices swiss cheese (thin)
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Butter Flavor Crisco, for fying
- Flatten bread with rolling pin on a plastic wrap lined area.
- Spread mustard (thin or thick is your choice) on each slice of bread.
- Layer ham, turkey and Swiss on each slice.
- Start from outer edge and start to roll tightly towards you using plastic wrap to help if needed (roll into a log shape).
- Secure by toothpick or plastic wrap.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- In bowl mix eggs, Bisquick mix; blend in milk, spices and set aside.
- Heat shortening in a frying pan--enough to deep fry (couple inches of melted oil).
- Unwrap any plastic wrap and secure rolls with 4 toothpicks evenly spaced.
- Slice into 4 sections with a serrated knife.
- Dip into batter (allow for some absorption) and deep fry a few at a time for 1-2 minutes.
- Removal of the toothpick is optional.
Was going to post this and found it already here! These are great and my children love them!!! They are really fun w/ great flavor but we like them best dusted w/ powdered sugar....yummy!