1/1 Photo of Miniature Mincemeat Pies
1 hr 20 mins
Didn't want to lose this so close to Christmas. I loved making this, and the pastry was almost foolproof (lucky for me). It is from Bon Apetit. Passive work time includes refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 1/4 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (add to taste)
- 3/4 cup prepared mincemeat
- 3 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1Mix flour, 6 tablespoons of the confectioner's sugar, 2 1/2 teaspoons orange peel and salt in processor. Add the butter and pulse until soft and crumbly.
- 2Whisk egg yolk and 2 tablespoons orange juice in small bowl. Add to processor; blend until moist clumps form, adding more juice by teaspoonfuls if dry. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Chill in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- 3Butter eighteen mini muffin cups. Mix mincemeat, ginger, cinnamon, remaining 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and peel in small bowl. Roll out dough on floured surface to 17-inch round.
- 4Using 2 1/2-in cookie cutter, cut out 18 dough rounds. Press 1 round into each muffin cup, smoothing it against the bottom and up the sides. Reroll the dough and cut out 18 more dough rounds with a 2-inch-diameter cookie cutter. Heap 1 teaspoon mincemeat mixture in each muffin cup.
- 5Brush beaten egg on edges of the smaller dough rounds. Press one round glaze side down on each muffin cup, sealling around edges.
- 6Cut small X in center of each pie. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover pies and remaining glaze separately and chill.)
- 7Preheat oven to 375°F Brush pie tops with remaining egg. Bake until crusts are golden, about 20 minutes. Cut around pies with a paring knife to loosen; turn out onto rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miniature Mincemeat Pies
Serving Size: 1 (759 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.1
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 36.9 mg
- Sodium 41.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: