Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These cool little egg casseroles are baked in muffin cups and served with salsa. They make great breakfast or brunch fare.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup cottage cheese, drained
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley
- salsa, warmed
- sour cream (optional)
- In a medium bowl combine the spinach, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, and cheddar cheese.
- In another bowl stir together the eggs, milk, cumin, and pepper.
- Stir into spinach mixture.
- Stir in the cilantro or parsley.
- Spoon mixture into 12 lightly greased 2 1/2 inch muffin cups.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or till eggs are set.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Remove from muffin cups.
- Serve with salsa and, if desired, sour cream.
Great recipe, love it!!!!! Will be one of my regular ones. I make them up on the weekend, put half in the freezer to bring out mid week, and enjoy them as my start to a good day!!!! Filling recipe and is WW friendly!!! Glad to have stumbled across it!!!
Wow, really good! I followed the directions as stated, but skipped cilantro and sour cream. Smothered them in salsa, delicious. Thanks for posting.
These were very easy to make. I used parsley in them. I served mine with a mild salsa and some light sour cream :)