Recipe by Bec
These cool little egg casseroles are baked in muffin cups and served with salsa. They make great breakfast or brunch fare.
Top Review by kathieponsford
Great recipe, love it!!!!! Will be one of my regular ones. I make them up on the weekend, put half in the freezer to bring out mid week, and enjoy them as my start to a good day!!!! Filling recipe and is WW friendly!!! Glad to have stumbled across it!!!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup cottage cheese, drained
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley
- salsa, warmed
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl combine the spinach, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, and cheddar cheese.
- In another bowl stir together the eggs, milk, cumin, and pepper.
- Stir into spinach mixture.
- Stir in the cilantro or parsley.
- Spoon mixture into 12 lightly greased 2 1/2 inch muffin cups.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or till eggs are set.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Remove from muffin cups.
- Serve with salsa and, if desired, sour cream.