Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 4 mins
If you have leftover ham, this FREEZES great!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ham, ground
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground pork or 1 1⁄4 lbs ground veal
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons dry mustard
- pineapple tidbits (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine meat, egg, evaporated milk, crumbs, onion, and pepper; mix well.
- Shape into individual loaves.
- Spray pan with cooking spray. (I put 2 cups into each b/c there are only 2 of us.).
- Freeze, wrap, and label whatever you do not plan on using now. When you plan on using it later, defrost in refrigerator and precede with following steps.
- Mix together syrup and pour onto loaf. Sometimes I put pineapple on it too, I use snack size tidbits drained. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 65 minutes.
This was certainly a simple recipe to throw together! My husband did not care for these at all however. I thought they were alright though. I can't quite put my finger on what seemed off -- maybe next time I'd swap the crumbs: use 1 cup of breadcrumbs and 1/2 cup of the graham cracker crumbs. Thanks for posting, it is always fun to try a new recipe! Made for PRMR Tag.