Little baked doughnuts with strawberry icing. A mini doughnut pan is necessary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon dry strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease doughnut pan with spray oil and lightly dust pan with flour.
- 2Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, strawberry jello, salt, and nutmeg together in a medium mixing bowl.
- 3Whisk yogurt, strawberries, egg, oil and flavorings together in a separate small bowl.Pour all at once over dry ingredients and stir only until everything is moistened.
- 4Spoon batter into pastry bag or quart-size zippered plastic bag. Seal. Snip small corner of plastic bag and force dough out of hole in a fat rope that encircles each doughnut cup. Fill only 1/2 to 3/4 full or you will lose the hole in the middle of your doughnut. Makes 12 donuts and possibly 3-4 “donut holes” in a mini cupcake pan. Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- 5Strawberry Glaze:.
- 6Combine cream cheese and milk in a medium mixing bowl. Mix powdered sugar and jello powder with cream cheese until smooth.
- 7Add more milk (a few drops at a time) if necessary to achieve correct consistency. It should drip slowly without being runny.
- 8Dip donuts face down into glaze and turn over to dry on rack or pour over the top.
- 9Sprinkle with colored sugar or other edible decorations, if desired, before the glaze dries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miniature Frosted Strawberry Cake Donuts
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.6
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 13.6 mg
- Sodium 137.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert