Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
Little baked doughnuts with strawberry icing. A mini doughnut pan is necessary.
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon dry strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 2 tablespoons softened reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 -3 milk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon strawberry gelatin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease doughnut pan with spray oil and lightly dust pan with flour.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, strawberry jello, salt, and nutmeg together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk yogurt, strawberries, egg, oil and flavorings together in a separate small bowl.Pour all at once over dry ingredients and stir only until everything is moistened.
- Spoon batter into pastry bag or quart-size zippered plastic bag. Seal. Snip small corner of plastic bag and force dough out of hole in a fat rope that encircles each doughnut cup. Fill only 1/2 to 3/4 full or you will lose the hole in the middle of your doughnut. Makes 12 donuts and possibly 3-4 “donut holes” in a mini cupcake pan. Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Strawberry Glaze:.
- Combine cream cheese and milk in a medium mixing bowl. Mix powdered sugar and jello powder with cream cheese until smooth.
- Add more milk (a few drops at a time) if necessary to achieve correct consistency. It should drip slowly without being runny.
- Dip donuts face down into glaze and turn over to dry on rack or pour over the top.
- Sprinkle with colored sugar or other edible decorations, if desired, before the glaze dries.