Recipe by grandma2969
you will need almond paste for this recipe..these are awesome..in my opinion...these is great to take to a carry in..makes lots for just a little time..always the first to disappear off the table..
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 ounces almond paste, cut in cubes
- sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- in bowl, cream butter and cream cheese, gradually add the flour, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour --
- roll into 1" balls.
- press dough in greased miniature muffin tins -- set aside.
- to prepare FILLING:.
- beat eggs in a mixing bowl, till light and fluffy -- add sugar, beat well.add almond paste, combine well.
- spoon a rounded tsp into each cup.top with three almond slices.
- bake at 325* for 25-30 minutes or lightly browned -- and filling is set.
- cool for 10 minutes in tins before removing to racks to cool completely.