Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe will give you approximately 40-45 of the most wonderful moist little muffins, mini chocolate chips or grated semi-sweet chocolate can be replaced for the chopped cranberries.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter (cooled slightly)
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 45 mini muffin tins or line with mini paper liners.
- For the topping; mix all ingredients together until blended; set aside.
- Place all muffin ingredienrs except the cranberried in a food processor; PULSE 5 times.
- Add in the cranberries and process until just mixed.
- Fill greased or paper-lined tins about two-thirds full, then sprinkle with prepared topping.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes for mini muffins.
- Bake 20 minutes for regular-size muffins.
These turned out so wonderful, but I did change a few things. *1st~ Used Organic French Vanilla fat free yogurt instead of buttermilk. *2nd~ Used baking soda instead of baking powder because of the acid from the yogurt. *3rd~ Left out the vegetable oil *4th~ Only used 6 Tablespoons butter in the muffins mix and the 2 Tablespoons in the topping. *5th~ Used 1 egg instead of 2 (The reason I made these changes was because I was out of the ingredients the recipe called for) Yesterday I made this recipe as muffins but today I made the recipe into a cake and frosted it with orange icing. I will be using this recipe again!! THANKS!
Well, Kit -- this survived a variety of "unavailable" ingredients ! Didn't give a thought to this NOT being fresh cranberry season ! Since I was committed to taking muffins to a neighbor's BD party -- soaked craisins in orange juice for several hours, and cut back on the sugar to 1/2 cup. We ALWAYS (well not quite !) have a container of dry buttermilk -- NOPE ! So I subbed sour cream, and waited to see reactions. I got 44 "2 bite" muffins, and even the kids came back for more -- and 2 asked for recipe. The only adjustment I think I would make (to the original !) would be maybe 1/4 tsp salt to bring out the cranberry flavor. It was a success -- thanks for posting !
I'm sure these are supposed to be great. However, I followed the recipe & made "regular" size muffins: I got 20 very small muffins, and they were pretty dry and a little bland. I won't be making this recipe again!