Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was a favorite of my grandmother and mine until it was lost for many years. I wrote to our local newspaper cooking column on a hunch, to see if anyone could locate it , and low and behold, some kind reader found it and quickly shared it! I am so happy to have it in my possession once again and am posting it here for safe keeping. It is a wonderful little gem of a cake.
- 118.29 ml flour
- 29.58 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 0.59 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml butter (room temperature)
- 1 large egg
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 44.37 ml milk
- 78.07 ml candied red cherries, chopped
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts
- 59.14 ml golden raisin
- 59.14 ml chopped dried apricot
- glace cherries, halves for decoration (red or green)
- Line mini-muffin tins with fluted foil or paper cups.
- Mix flour, cocoa, and baking powder.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, butter with electric mixer until well blended.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Beat in flour mixture and then milk just until blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups.
- Top each with a red or green glacé cherry half.
- Bake at 325°F for 15 to 20 minutes until tops look dry.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Store in airtight container.