Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Zippy appetizer!! from Cooking Light mag.
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup chopped jicama
- 1⁄2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon diced pimento, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 6 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well; set aside.
- Cut each tortilla into 6 circles using a 2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Place tortilla chips on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350f degrees for 6 minutes.
- Turn chips and bake an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Spread chicken mixture evenly over chips (about 1 tablespoon per chip).
- Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat (with electric oven door ovened) 3 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve warm.
Just to save time I cut the tortillas into quarters, so I ended up with a nacho shape. I didn't have jicama, but they came out fine. The recipe was perfect as I had leftover chicken and tortillas to use up.