Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These lovely little cheesecake tartlets are the perfect finish to a nice dinner. I got the recipe from the Kraft Philadelphia Creme Cheese Cookbook of 1988. Use your favorite preserve or fresh fruit as topping. They also freeze well. Wrap chilled cheesecakes individually in plastic wrap and freeze. Let stand at room temperature for @ 40 minutes before serving.
- 1⁄3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- apricot preserves or strawberry preserves
- line a muffin tin for 6 muffins with paper baking cups.
- Combine crumbs, sugar and butter.
- press a measuring tablespoon full of crumb mixture onto bottom of each muffin cup,.
- bake at 325F for 5 minutes, remove from oven and let cool.
- combine creme cheese, sugar, egg, peel and vanilla, mixing with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- pour over crust, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- bake at 325F for @ 25 minutes, cool before removing from pan, chill. Cheesecakes will settle a little.
- Top with preserves just before serving.