Mini Zucchini and Pesto Quiches
- Make the Phyllo Cups: Preheat oven to 375°F Lightly spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- lay 1 sheet phyllo on a flat surface. Keep remaining dough covered to prevent drying out. Brush sheet lightly with melted butter and top with a second sheet of dough. continue brushing and stacking until you have a stack of 5 sheets.
- Cut out rounds using a 3 1/4 inch circle cutter, you should get 8 rounds. Place in the muffin tin. Repeat with remaining dough; you should end up with 24 cups. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden and bottoms are puffed. Cool before using.
- Make the Quiches: Preheat oven to 400°F Place a phyllo cup in each well of a mini muffin tin.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Lightly spray with cooking spray. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute; stir in zucchini and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more, until just tender and the pan is mostly dry. Drop a scant teaspoon of zucchini mixture into each phyllo cup.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper.
- Prepare the Pesto: Place the basil, cheese, cream, oil, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth; season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk pesto into the egg mixture. Spoon into the phyllo cups, about 1 tablespoon per cup. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes.