Recipe by Montana Heart Song
There are no eggs in this recipe. Use a miniature muffin pan. Makes 24. Split muffin top and insert margarine, jelly cream cheese or filling of your choice. Tops white, sides brown. Very moist. Easy!
- 1 1⁄4 cups white flour or 1 1⁄4 cups rice flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 dashes salt or 2 dashes salt substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium mixing bowl mix flour and baking powder.
- In separate bowl, mix Miracle Whip, Sour Cream, Sugar, Mrs. Dash, Lemon juice and salt. Whisk briskly. Set 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven 375°.
- Whisk dressing mixture again. Add to flour mixture and beat until blended.
- Add 3/4 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon muffin mix to each cup in a 24 section pan. I start with 3/4 teaspoon in each cup, then top each one to use the balance of the batter.
- Cook 17 minutes.
- Take out of oven. Set 5 to 8 minutes.
- Note: You may use mayonnaise but it has eggs in it.
- Use a small table knife to loosen muffins.
- Place in a covered wicker basket to keep warm.
- I use a non-stick pan. If you use a pan that is not non-stick, spray each cup with Pam.