Recipe by Nyteglori
This is a quick little pot pie recipe that uses Portabella mushrooms instead of meat. The "crust" is a nice thick doughy biscuit like crust. Kind of like the difference in your pizza of thick crust and thin.
- 1⁄2 cup lima beans, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup peas, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup corn, frozen
- 1⁄2 cup green beans, frozen
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- vidalia onion, coarsly chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, fresh chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 cups broth
- 2 portabella mushroom caps, chopped
- 3 (8 -10 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits (8 count)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Precook lima beans according to package directions, until almost done, then add remaining frozen veggies and cook 2 minutes longer. Drain.
- While the beans are cooking, saute the onions in butter, until almost clear, add garlic and saute a bit longer. Mix in flour and spices and stir vigorously until all flour is mixed inches.
- While still stirring vigorously slowly add half and half and broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- While the broth is cooking begin rolling out the biscuits until they are thin circles approx 7 inches in diameter. When the mixture starts to boil add the veggies and mushrooms, stirring until they've all been coated.
- Place the rolled out biscuits in a muffin tin letting the edges hang over. Put a generous scoop of veggie mixture in the center of the biscuit. Then either fold over the overhang or bring the edges up and pinch together in the center to make a "flower.".
- Bake until golden brown approx 15 minutes.