Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this in a cookbook called "Favorite Brand Name Diabetic Recipes". I used whole wheat low carb tortilla's to make them more diabetic friendly. This can be easily altered to include different seasonings and vegetables according to taste. I may add cheese next time.
- Saute vegetables (I used red & green bell peppers and zucchini,) green onions and 2 tablespoons of butter until tender.
- Grease 6 (6-ounce)custard cups.
- Arrange 4 tortilla pieces into the custard cups placing the points at the center of the bottom of each cup and pressing them down to form the shape of the cup.
- Divide the sauteed vegetables evenly between the custard cups.
- Combine Egg Beaters, milk and basil (I used fresh basil) and pour evenly into the cups.
- Place the cups onto a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, until egg mixture if firm and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it sit 5 minutes before serving.
I used green onions, shredded zucchini, and shredded carrots and subbed dill weed for the basil. These were easy to put together. made a real treat for brunch, and tasted delicious. Made for PAC Fall '07.