Found this in a cookbook called "Favorite Brand Name Diabetic Recipes". I used whole wheat low carb tortilla's to make them more diabetic friendly. This can be easily altered to include different seasonings and vegetables according to taste. I may add cheese next time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute vegetables (I used red & green bell peppers and zucchini,) green onions and 2 tablespoons of butter until tender.
- 2Grease 6 (6-ounce)custard cups.
- 3Arrange 4 tortilla pieces into the custard cups placing the points at the center of the bottom of each cup and pressing them down to form the shape of the cup.
- 4Divide the sauteed vegetables evenly between the custard cups.
- 5Combine Egg Beaters, milk and basil (I used fresh basil) and pour evenly into the cups.
- 6Place the cups onto a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, until egg mixture if firm and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 7Let it sit 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Vegetable Quiches
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.2
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 229.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute