Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Elegant looks and easy preparation.
- 1 lb puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 ounces sweet potatoes
- 4 ounces baby asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small leek, sliced
- 5 small button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 pinch dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F/200°C.
- Cut the thawed dough into 4 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece out to 5"/13 cm square.
- Place on dampened cookie sheet and score/cut a 3"/ 7 cm square inside.
- Brush lightly with beaten egg.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes, until the pastry is risen and golden brown.
- Meanwhile make the filling:.
- Cook the sweet potato in boiling water for about 15 minutes, until tender.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Blanch the asparagus for 10 minutes, until tender and drain and set aside.
- Remove the puff pastry from the oven. Carefully cut out the inner square with a sharp knife; lift off and set aside.
- Melt the butter, add the leek and the sliced mushrooms and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lime juice, thyme and mustard powder; season well with salt and pepper.
- Stir in sweet potatoes and asparagus.
- Spoon the mixture into the shells; top with the reserved lids and serve immediately.