1/4 Photos of Mini Vegan Wellingtons
Wish I Could Cook's Note:
From the cookbook "Vegan Lunch Box" by Jennifer McCann, these little treats are fabulous!
My Private Note
mini we ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup canned chick-peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 lb puff pastry, thawed
- olive oil, for brushing
- 1Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- 2Have a small bowl of water and a clean, floured pastry board ready.
- 3Chop walnut (food processor makes it easy) into very small bits. Scrape into large bowl.
- 4Chop brown rice and chickpeas in food processor until mixture forms a coarse mash. Add this to the mixing bowl along with oat bran, spices, soy sauce, mustard and peanut butter. Knead together until it holds its shape.
- 5Unfold the first sheet of puff pastry and roll into a 12x12 square. Cut into six rectangles about 6x4.
- 6Scoop up a handful of the nut loaf mixture and form it into a small rectangular loaf (about 3x1x3/4 inches). Place in the center of a puff pastry. Dip your fingers in the water and lightly wet the top of the loaf.
- 7Fold the short ends of the pastry over the loaf, then fold up the long edges using some water to seal it shut.
- 8Place the mini Wellington seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the other 5.
- 9Bake at 400F for 25 minutes. The crust should be puffed and golden and the inside heated through.
- 10The Wellingtons can be made ahead and refrigerated until it's time to bake.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Vegan Wellingtons
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 688.9
- Calories from Fat 403
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 685.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 15.3 g