From the cookbook "Vegan Lunch Box" by Jennifer McCann, these little treats are fabulous!
Make and share this Mini Vegan Wellingtons recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup canned chick-peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 lb puff pastry, thawed
- olive oil, for brushing
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Have a small bowl of water and a clean, floured pastry board ready.
- Chop walnut (food processor makes it easy) into very small bits. Scrape into large bowl.
- Chop brown rice and chickpeas in food processor until mixture forms a coarse mash. Add this to the mixing bowl along with oat bran, spices, soy sauce, mustard and peanut butter. Knead together until it holds its shape.
- Unfold the first sheet of puff pastry and roll into a 12x12 square. Cut into six rectangles about 6x4.
- Scoop up a handful of the nut loaf mixture and form it into a small rectangular loaf (about 3x1x3/4 inches). Place in the center of a puff pastry. Dip your fingers in the water and lightly wet the top of the loaf.
- Fold the short ends of the pastry over the loaf, then fold up the long edges using some water to seal it shut.
- Place the mini Wellington seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the other 5.
- Bake at 400F for 25 minutes. The crust should be puffed and golden and the inside heated through.
- The Wellingtons can be made ahead and refrigerated until it's time to bake.